This weekends Pre-season friendly has been cancelled

posted in: First Team News, News | 0

Bradford (Park Avenue) have had one of our players show COVID 19 related symptoms and as part of our stage 3 back to playing protocols that player and the rest of the management bubble have had to go into isolation pending the results of a COVID 19 test which is taking place today. Unfortunately the results will not come back in time for us to safely fore fill our fixture at Grantham this Saturday, and therefore we are taking the safe and responsible decision to postpone the game.

Our first team bubble are considered primary contacts and that is why they are going into self isolation, the definition of this is that they have been in direct contact with the player. They must self isolate for the next 7 days unless we get a negative result of the test in which case the isolation will be lifted.

As a pre-caution we have sent home our academy players today, although they aren’t required to self isolate at present, as they are in the secondary contact group. 

If your son or daughter was in one of the training sessions run by one or other of the two first team players on Wednesday 9th of September there is at this time no need to self isolate or be overly concerned as they are also in the secondary contact group.

Once we have the test results we will follow the government guidelines. 

Clearly if the test comes back negative then it will simply be a case of returning to normal training and studies for the academy, juniors and first team.

Assuming there was a positive result then the government protocols for the secondary contact groups would come into place which would mean COVID 19 testing and self isolation until the results have been delivered and full track and trace to identify all people in this group. 

If you have nay questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in contact with the club at this email address.