We wanted to take this opportunity to give full visibility to our fans on where we currently are in terms of the 20/21 season, the National League Vote and our next few fixtures.
As many of you are aware we have had over the last 2 weeks lots changes in the information we were given when we kicked off the league in October and also in the nature of the pandemic itself since that start. These changes have increased the financial burden on the club significantly and it is with the long term preservation of the club that we have made the below decisions
Firstly in the NL vote which came to us late on Monday night we have today voted
- Resolution 1 we voted for the National League North and South to decide their own leagues fate
- Resolution 3 (assuming that resolution 1 passes) we voted to Null and Void the season
- Resolution 4 we voted for the National League North votes to be for Null and Voiding of the season
The concept that it takes 28 days for all 66 votes to be counted is quite honestly staggering and puts us in a position that would mean we play on for another 4 weeks, incurring all of the costs associated with that, only to possibly find the league has been Null and Voided. As a board we cannot enter into this type of irresponsible course of actions, so we have written to the board and advised them that until the votes are all in and counted and final decision on the season continuing has been made, we wont be playing any further matches, in the short term this means our games at home this Saturday against Farsley and next Tuesday away at Blythe will not be taking place with a team from Bradford (Park Avenue).
Once the outcome of the vote is know we have asked the NLB to confirm that grants will be forth coming to enable us to compete further and complete this seasons fixtures.
We can confirm that, due to once again Gareth supporting us, we will be able to start the 21/22 season in the National League North if no grants are forth coming and the current season is null and voided.