After discussions with Hereford about this weekends game and if it will be played, we can announce that the game will be postponed. Hereford were open and honest about their preference to play the game, whilst they wait for the outcome of the vote to determine whether or not the season will continue, and to send a team to the Horsfall, we fully respect and understand their position.
We have chosen for the same reasons we did not play against Farsley and Blythe, not to fulfil the scheduled fixture. This will mean that we will yet again be sited by the National League for breach of rule 8.39. We have written to the NL explaining the financial reasons we are unable to do this without first knowing if our grant application has been accepted in full or not. The directors, players, Mark and Danny desperately want to play the remainder of the season, but not if that means putting the long term future of the club at risk.
On a positive note we have already held our first recruitment meeting with Mark, Danny and Ryan to discuss the squad for season 21/22 where we fully expect to be competing once again in the National League North.